Restorative Practices: Youth and Family Engagement
April 20 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Burlington School District Restorative Practices Youth and Family Engagement Team Meeting
Overarching Goals of this BSD youth adult team of middle/high school youth, families/caregivers, BSD staff, and community partners will….
- Explore and foster the core principles of restorative practices and build strong team connections – build our YFET community.
- Increase a sense of engagement, belonging and voice for youth and families by creating a culture and practice of youth-adult partnerships for school change.
- Conduct youth participatory action research (YPAR) to expand the use of restorative practices to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in suspensions in Burlington School District (BSD).
- Generate recommendations of change on how to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in the discipline and suspensions and share with administration in May
- Generate recommendations on how to sustain this work and how to ensure that youth and family are fully integrated at all levels of the RP work.
- Continue working on the action plan established in 2021-2022.